Tuesday, September 28, 2010

car heat in my heartbeat

I used the heat today in my car after I was rained on after my 7pm lab. By the time I got out it was after 8, so it was actually really chilly. I'm not sure if all car heaters have the same smell, but mine has a very specific lulling kind of cozy smell. If I am feeling a certain emotion (ie: loneliness) I'll actually start to get deja vu and remember back a couple of years ago when it was around January/February and remember how sad I was back then. It's a weird thing to experience, especially since I have overcome that time in my life that was so depressing for me. If anything it keeps me in place. Emotions and happiness are always fleeting, it's important to keep yourself rooted in a more solid source of joy/prosperity. Without that solid source, I never would have gotten through the tough times of my life in the first place. You can cover things you don't like up, but if you embrace them and see them for the lessons they are those times of life will not be a blemish you need to cover up, but a piece of yourself to admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers