Friday, October 15, 2010

pink balloon of time

Yes, I do wish I had a better camera. My fujimax is also out of film. Sad :( I decided to make my own artwork instead of buy some. It didn't really save money since I was unsatisfied with the first painting and literally cut the heart out of the canvas with a knife (seriously) and just bought another canvas (50% off at JoAnn's!). I'm happy with the dark burgundy background. The original problem was I painted words on the canvas that just looked awful and then tried to minimize them, which turned out to be too much. As with all my other creative pursuits, I cannot stop until the idea is out of my head and is finished. The idea is simply from a line in a song (CocoRosie, undertaker), "candied on the inside" and my fascination with anatomical hearts (I find God in science, anatomical hearts also kind of sillily equate to "love" for me). I basically sketched out an anatomical heart and filled it with candy. Rock candy on the sides, mints towards the upper portion, sprinkle coming out of one of the pulmonary arteries, and a red licorice as the artery going down the heart. So this is it, sorry about all of the parentheses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers