Thursday, May 26, 2011

employed but not discouraged.

so, kind of good news. I am no longer "wallowing in boredom"! I am now a barista in training at the Barnie's on Park Ave. Probably the more laid-back location. However, hopefully only because they are understaffed they are giving me around 30 hours a week although I asked for 15-20, since I really don't need that much extra. I typically treat jobs as high school boyfriends. I am very quickly sick of them. They're so clingy and want all of my time and attention. I have other things to do, okay job??! Tomorrow will conclude my last day of my first week. They have me scheduled a 4-c (9 on fridays). Not a big deal. However, next Monday I am going to be working a 630-4. What? 10 hours? yes. 10. I feel that is not possible. It's things like this that will make me miss being a "stay at home girlfriend that lives by herself while her bf and every other person works". I guess it's better than doing nothing. Plus, I am treating myself to whatever I want. Namely, shoes. Probably these shoes.



I don't feel bad about the price since I haven't bought anything in months. more than 3. birthday gifts don't count.

I mean it's not like I have anything else to do that monday anyway. So, for now, fine. If I'm going to sell my time to work they might as well give me shoes in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers