Saturday, June 26, 2010

la musique

Favorite albums of the summer so far:

1. Stars -The Five Ghosts

Although I love it, it's not my favorite. Stars always seem to pick a theme for every album and I think that might have been hard to achieve with this one. Every theme always center around romanticism and is always a little bit dark. I just think there is a limit on how many diverse songs you can write about ghosts, death, etc. The songs are lovely, I just feel myself getting a little lost and not blown away by every song. Almost like they were running out of things to do. The last album's theme was about love and war (love is a war?) so there was a myriad of things to write about there. Overall, a good buy. Especially if you're a Stars fan.





2. Karen Elson -The Ghost Who Walks

I didn't even know this was Jack White's wife until a read up about her. Yes, she is lovely, but she is also talented. Southern style music has a way of calming me down and helping me just enjoy the moment I'm in. The twangy music is lightly offset by the melancholy and sometimes morbid lyrics. Thus, you get something not too light and not too heavy. The perfect mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers