Monday, November 16, 2009

Dad day.

So, the visit with my dad and Melissa went great. They arrived around 3 and got to see my apartment (the living area was declared bare, which makes me realize I really need to do something with it). We then went to Starbucks so I could get some coffee before my parents got their beers from the Orlando Ale House. Starbucks was great because my dad has this Starbucks Black Card. Sound awesome right? Apparently they gave him one because he goes there so much. He gets 10% off each time, and it looks pretty B.A. They took me grocery shopping which was super nice. I ended up leaving with a bunch of stuff I don't normally make, which is good because now I can make some nice dinners. One of the things I got were these cute little burger patties. I am probably going to make them Tuesday. I love mini anything. After we did the shopping we came back to my apartment to figure out where to eat. We decided on this place called Citrus that I have heard good reviews about. We waited for Anthony in the clubhouse while my dad and Melissa played a pretty entertaining game of ping-pong (they kept hitting this one guy in a chair, who didn't seem to mind at all). Anthony arrived and we were off. Citrus was so pretty, it's off of Orange Ave and is a classy place. They served plantain chips (sliced the long way) as an appetizer and have a rotating menu. The ambiance of the restaurant was great. dim lighting and cushy seats with large glass windows. I opted for a citrus salad with sliced oranges, plantain chips, chicken and other things I forgot. It was good, the dressing was a citrus balsamic and fit the salad nicely. The bathrooms in the place were also pretty great. The stalls were all large, with white wooden doors. The lighting was lovely, and they had mandarin lime aromatherapy soap from bath and body works. The mandarin lime scent fit the restaurant's name nicely. Also, the bathroom had mirrors that took up the entire end wall. My definition of perfect bathroom. We left Citrus and went to Park Ave to get some Gurtzberry's. I had the original with pomegranate seeds, kiwi, and raspberries. Sadly, after that we headed back to my apartment and my dad and step mom left. I miss my dad so much already. I am really hoping to go out to Texas for my Christmas break. I do not see them enough, and it makes me really sad. My dad and step mom like Anthony though, which is fantastic! So, no worries with that. Saying goodbye to my dad is always pretty tear-jerking for me. However, it always gets me excited to see him again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers