Saturday, November 14, 2009

My dad, and other things I am thrilled about.


So, last week got a phone call that my dad was going to be visiting me the 14, today. I got pretty excited. I haven't seen him since I graduated from high school more than a year ago. There is always sort of a sense of nervousness involved. I wonder if he'd think I've changed or think that I got weird, or something like that. But I have realized along the years that it is very hard for me to please both sets of parents. My dad is a little easier because he doesn't see me, so he doesn't see my life. It hurts to see all the things he missed out on, and he's told me many times how angry it makes him. It makes me sad. Not just sad like I miss him sad, but sad to my soul. My father, who loves me so much, only sees me one time a year for a few days at most. He missed all my birthdays (after my 13th), did not get to teach me to drive, or even see me drive until June of 2008, and missed being there for me throughout all that messy high school experience. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame him for any of this. However, he had some chances to see me and chose not to. It hurt, but it's one of those things I've grown accustomed to. Life is how it is for me, I know my dad loves me. But I would like my dad to know me. I am excited to see him and my step mom today, I get to shown them my crappy apartment (which I have to clean) and UCF. Oh, and they get to meet my boyfriend. Which, who wouldn't be nervous about that? I know my boyfriend is amazing, and I love him so much. But, parents are always a tough bunch to please. So, I am just worrying in advance like I always do. Maybe all of my nervousness will cancel itself out? I am trying to be nothing but excited.

In other news, Passion Pit came out with a new video for kingdom come. The video goes well with the lyrics, as in it's hard to interpret. You've got lyrics splattered with what seems like influences from Christianity, and then the video of scientists, burning trees, and asteroids. Seems pretty apocalyptic to me. But it's good, Passion Pit are always good. I burned my friend Sam both of their albums. He was asking about them and apparently heard them on the City. Passion Pit on a show of whiny, bithcy, shallow skanks does not make me happy. But oh well, if I was them I would probably want the money too. We also went to the new H&M today at the Florida mall. It was pretty good. I got some good deals on a sweater and some other stuff. Among what I got was an item on my "need to get" list. High-wasted frilly skirts are all over the place for winter. They have a slightly ballerina like feel to them, and are so feminine. I got one in black, and it is lovely. They had a lot of fur coats there. I was in love with this gorgeous brown one. However, I already have a fur coat, so I had to pass. I would definitely say you should check H&M out. They have nice guy's items, and even have children's and maternity clothes. I also noticed that the Florida mall is putting in a gigantic monster of a Forever 21. It's the biggest one I have ever seen, and I am so ready for it to open.

Passion Pit | To Kingdom Come from Passion Pit on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers