Sunday, January 3, 2010

My week

Monday: Wisdom teeth extraction. Doped up on Valium, put to sleep, wake up with gauze in my mouth and no feeling in my lips. I also could not control my drool, hmm.. wonderful.

Tuesday: feeling pretty good..nothing too bad. There is pain but I'm feeling good about it. I can see myself feeling completely better in two days.

Wednesday: Wake up with horrible pain in my cheek. Mom comes home from work and finds out that the bottom right stitch is sticking in my cheek and it looks like the epidermis is starting to grow over it. Yay. Luckily, my Oral Surgeon said we could just come in and get it taken care of. The assistants remove it for me..it takes two. It stings really bad due to them pulling on my sore tissues. They just take the whole stitch out. I feel better.

Thursday: Staying in Spring Hill. No one wants me driving on painkillers. Fine, I'll deal with it. I'm feeling pretty good, I go to a New Year's Eve get together with my best friends and a few other people. We watch movies and count down the New Year. My friend Jessica is going to Orlando the next day, I asked her if I could go with her and a trip is planned.

Friday: I'm feeling good. My weekend should be relatively painless. Around 1230 I get a text from Jessica, she is sick so doesn't think she should be going. Ok, no problem. I'll just drive myself the next day. I feel better about me driving anyway, the weather is also gross today.

Saturday: I wake up around 930 so I can leave town at a decent time. I'm feeling good, the pain from my mouth is nearly gone. I'm now on the normal dosage of painkillers and not the prescription dosage. I get to the kitchen, take my meds, and notice my arm where the IV was feels tight and sore. Being the hypochondriac I am, I ask my mom what could be wrong with it. She said she doesn't know but it couldn't be a big deal. I start making scrambled eggs. While I am doing this I start getting the feeling you get when you stand up really fast from laying down. I start feeling dizzy and need to hold onto the counter. It should pass soon, I've gotten this before. Then it starts getting hard to breathe. The next thing I know I am on the floor and my mom is saying my name over and over. I try to open my eyes, I can't really move. My mom tells me my eyes are opened. I am now sitting on a chair, my vision is starting to return, it's fuzzy. My mom decides to call 911. Definitely not going to Orlando today. I feel better, the ambulance gets to my house. The guys are really nice, they put me on a stretcher and wheel me into the back of the ambulance. There are Christmas lights wrapped around the pole in the ceiling. They take a tourniquet wrap it around my arm and take blood. Bleh. Then they put a saline IV in me to restore my electrolyte count. Great, another IV. They ask me a bunch of questions and then we leave. One of the paramedics stays in the back with me. He has tattoos all over his arms. He is very nice, he makes small talk with me. I find out he went to Rollins but then got kicked out for grades and went to FSU instead. We get to the hospital. They wheel me out, it is freezing. I look down at my pajama shirt. "Grin and Bear it" (with a sleeping cartoon bear under the words). Seriously?? I hope nobody notices my shirt. We get to the room, they run a bunch of tests. They also take my blood pressure about 7 times. It's low. The doctor comes in and say they found something. My heart jumps. He asks me if I want my mom in the room. I haven't done anything bad..I think. She stays in the room. He asks if I take any drugs recreationally. I say no. Apparently the Valium I had to take before my extraction is still in my body. I calm down. They discharge me and we leave. We stop at Starbucks before going home and I get a banana chocolate smoothie and oatmeal. I feel a lot better. They day progresses of me doing nothing and taking it easy. Later I start feeling really cold, which is weird because I am wrapped up in a sweater and sweat pants. I feel tired and lay down. I have the chills. My mom takes my temperature. 101.5. Apparently now I have a fever. She gives me something to drink and takes my temperature half an hour later. It's back to normal. That's weird. I go to bed.

Sunday: I wake up, it's dark and I freezing. I put on a sweater and an extra blanket. 15 minutes later I'm still shivering, really bad. I look at the time, 700. I text my mom and tell her I have really bad chills. No response, I call her, her phone is off. Then I call the house phone, I can hear the phone ringing out in the living room. My mom comes in my room a few minutes after. She takes my temperature. 101. I sit up to drink the glass of pedialyte she brought me (yes, pedialyte). I realize my whole body feels achy. That can only mean one thing: the flu. So, now I am sitting at my kitchen table. I am doing ok after the medicine and breakfast. But still, I have another day of having to lay around and do nothing. Hopefully next week will be more forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers